letter to future me :)

 Dear future Jess,

I hope you have been able to complete a lot of the things on your bucket list. Some of my favorite items I hope you completed are going to Greece, riding in a hot air balloon and going to a music festival in another country. Right now you have a huge desire to travel and explore other countries (especially since your study abroad experience was cut short because of the coronavirus pandemic) and I hope you fulfill all of those dreams. 

As a junior in college I have some ideas of what career I want but I am open to so many different opportunities. Some of our career ideas right now are working for an NBA team,working for the Olympics, a staff member on a late night show, or maybe working in another country. I found a summer class program in Monaco which is about luxury marketing, brand and event management, but even if I don’t go, I know I am also interested in those fields. Another dream of mine is living in New York but I don’t know how well we will be able to survive there because we have gotten so used to the warm weather in Florida. 

I really want to learn how to scuba dive and swim with turtles and dolphins. I am interested in underwater photography and videography because I think it intersects a couple of my passions. I am also passionate about environmental issues and sustainability but I still have a lot to learn about it. I have a fear of not being able to complete everything I want to do in this lifetime because I feel like I have so many interests and I cannot do them all. 

You are the happiest you have been in college, after going through a rough couple of years but we have grown so much since being a freshman in college. Although I have a lot to work through still I am proud of our growth. I feel like at one point depression and anxiety engulfed me entirely but now that is just a part of me, not the whole me. 

I have so many different tattoo ideas so I hope this letter finds you with more than just the one tattoo you have right now. I have also been thinking about getting my septum pierced for about a year now. I am hesitant because our nose is small and we already have a hoop on the side of our nose. I hope you are happy with your appearance and we have learned to love ourselves more and more (another thing you have struggled with for a while). 

I am proud of you no matter where our life is at because although I feel weak and sensitive I know I am able to overcome challenges eventually.  I am becoming at peace with how life unfolds and I know whatever is meant to happen will happen. I know it is hard to stay motivated but we have too many aspirations to lay in bed all day (but we still can sometimes).


Love,

      Jess from March 11, 2021 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

animation

BW to color

blog zero